Essentially an Italian dish, Pizza has gained worldwide popularity in recent times due to global retail outlets of dominos, pizza hut and Papa John’s Pizza. While the original taste of pizza is itself irresistible, the touch of Indian spices make it all the way more yummilicious and that’s the reason for us to present you an exotic Indo western or fusion cabbage pizza that you are surely going to love.
For 2 medium Pizzas
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the Pizza Dough
- 1 & ½ cups of flour (Prefer Maida over plain flour)
- 1 tbsp. dry active yeast
- Lukewarm water or milk
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
For the Sauce (White)
- 2 tbsp. plain butter
- 2 & ½ tbsp. Maida
- 1 tbsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tbsp. Black pepper
- 3 cups cabbage (sliced)
- ½ sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp. green chilies (chopped)
Pizza sounds a unified word and a yummy dish but, its whole cooking process could be divided into four parts and each matters a lot. Here is how you could prepare a delicious Indo western style pizza for your loved ones and yourself.
- Take one cup lukewarm water and dissolve yeast in it and let it rest till the yeast becomes frothy.
- Take flour in a mixing bowl and add sugar, oil and salt in it. Mix well
- Slowly add the yeast water to the flour to form soft and sticky dough. If required, you can add more water.
- After covering the dough, let in sit for at least 4 years so that it doubles in volume.
- After four hours, with little dry flour, knead the dough well
White sauce preparation
- Take a small and heavy saucepan and pour 2 tbsp. butter in it. Heat it over medium flame
- Add flour to the oil and let it turn light brown in color.
- Slowly add milk to the flour and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed. Add black pepper and salt to the smooth and thick mixture.
Take white sauce and add bell pepper, coriander, green chilies and cabbage to it and mix well.
The indo western style pizza preparation
- At 500 degrees, pre heat your oven.
- Place the Pizza stone inside the oven for 30 minutes.
- Divide the kneaded dough into two parts (equal) and roll each part into roughly 8 inch diameter pizzas.
- Grease cookie sheets and place your rolled pizza dough over it.
- Put ½ tbsp. of olive oil over each pizza and spread the toppings evenly onto the pizza.
- Slowly slide each cookie sheet on the pre-heated pizza stone and cook for 5-6 minute.
- If you need a crispy pizza crust, you can remove the cookie sheet