Let’s Get Started
American Chopsuey is a popular dish featuring tangy sweet and spicy taste making it simply irresistible. When loaded with lots of veggies, it becomes a healthy option for the whole family. Above all, if you are busy with your personal and professional life, this easy recipe comes to your rescue with its wholesome flavors and appetizing aroma. To make it even more tempting, here is an indo western version of this delicious dish that would make you crave for it even more.
Time required for cooking: 30 minutes
- Oil to fry noodles
- 300 g noodles (Instant or Hakka noddle)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp corn flour (cornstarch)
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 300 g boneless chicken
- ½ cup green beans
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cabbage
- ½ tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4 fried eggs
Chopped spring onions
- As per the packet instruction cook noodles and drain the excess water
- Divide the cooked noodles into four equal parts
- Fry each portion of the noodles into heated oil and drain the excess oil.
- Mix the cornflour in water and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium flame
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry till aromatic.
- Add onions and fry till soft and translucent.
- Add chicken and cook through.
- Add green beans, carrots, bell peppers and cabbage. Cook the vegetables for 2 minutes till it becomes tender. Stir in pepper powder and sugar. Season with salt and add vinegar, tomato sauce and cornflour mixture in it. Bring it to boil and simmer it for 3 minutes.
- Top the 4 portions of fried noodles with sauce and fried egg. For garnishing, use spring onions.